After the martyrdom of the colonel, the terrorists took his phone, if the security forces called from outside, he spoke – Salam Valekum

By | 4th May 2020

An encounter has taken place between security forces and militants in Handwara, Jammu and Kashmir. Four people, including an army colonel and a major and officer of the Jammu and Kashmir Police, were killed in the encounter. The martyrs include National Rifles Colonel Ashutosh Sharma, Major Anuj Sood, Nayak Rajesh, Lance Nayak Dinesh and Police Sub-Inspector Shakeel Kazi. At the same time, two militants were also killed in the encounter. According to an official statement, security forces and Jammu and Kashmir police conducted a joint operation in Handwara on Saturday to rescue some hostages.

Input regarding terrorists was received on Friday. On this instruction the Army National Rifles launched a joint operation with the police. Different teams started searching for the terrorists. Some new information came to light on Saturday and there was a simultaneous firing between the militants and the army, although the militants managed to escape.

On Saturday afternoon, when his team met the CO of the 21st National Rifle Unit. While conducting search teams led by Colonel Ashutosh Sharma, they came to know that something was going wrong in a building. He went to the side where the house was occupied by terrorists. A team led by Colonel Ashutosh evacuated the civilians and as the man was leaving the house, hidden terrorists started firing at him. Meanwhile, another army team also laid siege outside.

The terrorist said twice – Salam Valekum

The team deployed under siege on Saturday evening wanted to contact Colonel Ashutosh’s team, but they could not be reached. The shelling also damaged radio sets. It was getting dark and it was raining heavily. When no contact was made, an outside team called Colonel Ashutosh’s mobile, which was picked up by the militant, saying, “Salam Valekum.” After a while, called again, yet the terrorist picked up the phone and said salam valekum.

The terrorists were trying to flee at night, but were shot dead by another army team. In which two terrorists were killed. One of them has been identified as Haider, Haider’s top commander. While the team of the second army along with the entry Colonel Ashutosh found the bodies of the five martyrs inside the house. The search for the other two terrorists is still ongoing.

The area where the operation took place is in the Rajwar forest area of Kupwada district. There is also a reception area for terrorists to infiltrate. That is, when terrorists come from across the LOC, the terrorists present in the area receive them. According to the military official, it is possible that the four terrorists may have come to recruit new terrorists. Terrorists across the LOC are constantly trying to infiltrate.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *